Technically “Old Austin” is defined as the Austin MLS Areas UT & 1B and is east of Mopac. The classic old Austin neighborhoods include: Clarksville, Pemberton Heights, Old Enfield, Bryker Woods, The Arts District, West University, and Saint Andrews.
No matter where you are in Austin, downtown is just a heartbeat away. But for those wanting a backyard and still have the luxury of being downtown, Old Austin is the place to be. Historic housing with stunning architecture runs on both sides of Mopac from the River up to 35th Street. Area owners will enjoy some of the best art museums Austin has to offer and quaint diners and delis virtually everywhere.
- Bacon: http://www.baconaustin.com
- Dive Bar: http://www.diveaustin.com
- Bob Bullock Museum & IMAX: http://www.thestoryoftexas.com
- The Blanton: http://blantonmuseum.org
- Olive & June: http://oliveandjune-austin.com
- Zocalo: http://www.zocalocafe.com
- Cafe Medici: http://caffemedici.com
Helping Buyers And Sellers Since 2000
Recent Blog Posts
- March 2020 Austin Real Estate Market Update
- H-E-B giving raise to hourly employees through April 12
- Coronavirus: Texas Governor Orders Bars, Eateries, Schools Closed
- Tired Of Stock Market Losses? Why Not Invest In Rental Properties Instead?
- Downtown Austin TX Is Booming – 37 Towers Are Planned For Development