Technically “Old Austin” is defined as the Austin MLS Areas UT & 1B and is east of Mopac. The classic old Austin neighborhoods include: Clarksville, Pemberton Heights, Old Enfield, Bryker Woods, The Arts District, West University, and Saint Andrews.
No matter where you are in Austin, downtown is just a heartbeat away. But for those wanting a backyard and still have the luxury of being downtown, Old Austin is the place to be. Historic housing with stunning architecture runs on both sides of Mopac from the River up to 35th Street. Area owners will enjoy some of the best art museums Austin has to offer and quaint diners and delis virtually everywhere.
- Bacon: http://www.baconaustin.com
- Dive Bar: http://www.diveaustin.com
- Bob Bullock Museum & IMAX: http://www.thestoryoftexas.com
- The Blanton: http://blantonmuseum.org
- Olive & June: http://oliveandjune-austin.com
- Zocalo: http://www.zocalocafe.com
- Cafe Medici: http://caffemedici.com
Helping Buyers And Sellers Since 2000
Recent Blog Posts
- Home Buying Checklist – What Are The Things That You Need To Know Before Buying A House?
- What home buyers (without an agent) should know about closing on a house
- What’s Life Really Like In Austin Texas?
- Austin Texas Ranked As 6th Largest Tech Hub in the United States
- Austin Real Estate Market Update – July 2019