Technically “East Austin” is defined as the Austin MLS Areas 3 & 5 and includes the following neighborhoods: Rosewood, University Park, Chestnut, Comal, Glenwood, Mueller, Delwood, University Hills, and Windsor Park.
“East Austin has unseated South Congress and Travis Heights as Austin’s newest hipster home base”, so says a recent Forbes article. With redevelopment in every section of housing east of IH-35 and with the likes of America’s best BBQ at Franklin Barbecue (Bon Appetite Magazine), it’s no wonder why.
As lending guidelines for builders and developers continue to loosen up, the development on the east side is back and here to stay. Whether your taste is classic craftsman or sleek & modern, East Austin has it all and is an amazing glimpse into the future of Austin living!
Scott’s quick hits and links:
- Franklin BBQ: http://franklinbarbecue.com
- Eastside Showroom: http://eastsideshowroom.com
- Uncorked: http://www.uncorkedtastingroom.com
- Salvage Vanguard Theater: http://www.salvagevanguard.org
- The Vortex Repertory Company: http://www.vortexrep.org
- The City Theatre: http://www.citytheatreaustin.org
- Rude Mechanicals: http://www.rudemechs.com
- Blue Starlite Drive-in: http://www.bluestarlitedrivein.com/
Helping Buyers And Sellers Since 2000
Recent Blog Posts
- March 2020 Austin Real Estate Market Update
- H-E-B giving raise to hourly employees through April 12
- Coronavirus: Texas Governor Orders Bars, Eateries, Schools Closed
- Tired Of Stock Market Losses? Why Not Invest In Rental Properties Instead?
- Downtown Austin TX Is Booming – 37 Towers Are Planned For Development