It’s my 15-year anniversary as a practicing Realtor and I’m more grateful than ever for the people I’ve worked with and the friends I’ve made along the way. The road we’ve traveled together over the past 15 years is quite remarkable so bear with me a moment while I reflect on a journey that includes participation in over 1000 transactions.
My real estate career began February 2001, The Outkast were on top of the music charts with their hit “Ms. Jackson”. Spy Kids was just over a month away from debuting, Intel was tapping the brakes on its 10-story chip design center and ACL-Fest was still a year away from its first festival. One day tickets for that festival were only $25. Oh, and mortgage interest rates were over 7% for a 30-year fixed.
Since then, much has changed including the following setbacks and trends:
- 2001 – 2003
- The tragedies of 9/11 had a profound effect on consumerism and the housing market
- The dot-com collapse was followed by an explosion of new Realtors, former engineers and programmers looking for new work
- Seller financing, wrap-around mortgages and rent-to-own were prevalent
- Zero-down financing with rolled-in closing costs meant mortgages were made at 110% of sales prices leaving buyers upside-down from day one
- Interest rates hit record lows, 5.5% for a 30-year fixed
- A refinance boom kept homeowners in homes longer as opposed to buying new homes
- Builder incentives skyrocketed and builder move-ups & guaranteed sales became the norm
- Realtor and mortgage creativity moved the market at record paces
- In 2006, Scott predicted a market slow-down in the Austin metro area based on excessive and overly creative financing
- The real estate market came to a halt due to the financial crisis of 2008, absorption rates plummeted and inventory supply hit record levels
- Short sales and foreclosures plagued the market; Realtors left the industry in record numbers
- Federal bailouts began followed by multiple housing stimulus packages
- Interest rates continue to drop getting as low as 3.125% for a 30-year fixed
- The market heats up as the economy improves, inventory falls bringing in the age of highly competitive multiple offers
- Realtors flood the marketplace again as confidence in the housing market returns in full force
Through all of that your favorite Realtor kept busy with a rich variety of transactions-
- Across Central Texas from Hutto to Lago Vista, Georgetown to Kyle & Buda, and every single town and niche in between (2003-present)
- Across the DFW metroplex from Dallas to Ft. Worth, Plano to Southlake and of course my home town of Coppell (2001-2003)
- Ranging from $25k lots to million-dollar luxury homes
- Representing banks on their REO properties
- Negotiating against banks for sellers in distress
- Working with first-time home buyers, move-up clients who sell & buy simultaneously, countless investors, plus second and vacation homes
- Commercial investments and condo community representation
- Flipping and building
…Plus participation in every major coaching program across the nation!
- Countless workshops, training & coaching programs from the likes of Brian Buffini, Tom Ferry, Mike Ferry, Gary Keller, Floyd Wickman & the late-great Howard Britton
- Numerous peer-to-peer mastermind groups amongst top agents across our great state
- New designations and a few shelves of awards
I share this not to bore, nor to brag, but because I think it’s worth celebrating…and to remind you of the experienced hands you are in when you work with me. When I sat for my real estate licensing exam, I never could have imagined the path in front of me nor the experience I’d collect in 15 short years.
To all of my clients, past present and future, my friends and family, thank you so much for your support! I hope this helps remind you of why you chose to work with me for the first time and offers you the confidence to refer your family and friends our way. And when you do, we will treat them with the respect they deserve, make sure all of their needs are met, their concerns are addressed, and we’ll report back to let you know just how happy they are!
Now, let’s get back to work and keep making it happen!
Here’s to the next 15 years!