Technically “Old Austin” is defined as the Austin MLS Areas UT & 1B and is east of Mopac. The classic old Austin neighborhoods include: Clarksville, Pemberton Heights, Old Enfield, Bryker Woods, The Arts District, West University, and Saint Andrews.
[button link=”http://realestateinatx.com/idx/?idx-q-ZipCodes%3C0%3E=78730&idx-q-ZipCodes%3C1%3E=78731&idx-q-ZipCodes%3C2%3E=78746&idx-q-ZipCodes%3C3%3E=78703″ bg_color=”#000000″]Search Homes in West Austin[/button] [button link=”http://realestateinatx.com/tag/west-austin/” bg_color=”#000000″]Learn More About West Austin[/button]
No matter where you are in Austin, downtown is just a heartbeat away. But for those wanting a backyard and still have the luxury of being downtown, Old Austin is the place to be. Historic housing with stunning architecture runs on both sides of Mopac from the River up to 35th Street. Area owners will enjoy some of the best art museums Austin has to offer and quaint diners and delis virtually everywhere.
- Bacon: http://www.baconaustin.com
- Dive Bar: http://www.diveaustin.com
- Bob Bullock Museum & IMAX: http://www.thestoryoftexas.com
- The Blanton: http://blantonmuseum.org
- Olive & June: http://oliveandjune-austin.com
- Zocalo: http://www.zocalocafe.com
- Cafe Medici: http://caffemedici.com